- Get started with the GNOME graphical desktop
- Objective: Get started with GNOME and edit text files with gedit.
Manage files graphically with Nautilus
- Objective: Manage files graphically and access remote systems with Nautilus.
Get help in a graphical environment
- Objective: Access documentation, both locally and online.
Configure local services
- Objective: Configure the date and time, and configure a printer.
Manage physical storage I
- Objective: Understand basic disk concepts and manage system disks.
Manage logical volumes
- Objective: Understand logical volume concepts and manage logical volumes.
Monitor system resources
- Objective: Manage CPU, memory, and disk utilization.
Manage system software
- Objective: Manage system software locally and using Red Hat® Network (RHN).
Get started with bash
- Objective: Understand basic shell concepts, execute simple commands, and use basic job control techniques.
Get help in a textual environment
- Objective: Use man and info pages and find documentation in /usr/share/doc.
Establish network connectivity
- Objective: Understand basic network concepts; configure, manage, and test network settings.
Administer users and groups
- Objective: Manage users and groups.
Manage files from the command line
- Objective: Understand Linux® file system hierarchy and pathnames; manage files from the command line.
Secure Linux file access
- Objective: Understand Linux file access mechanisms; manage file access from the GUI and the command line.
Administer remote systems
- Objective: Share and connect to a desktop; use SSH and rsync.
Configure general services
- Objective: Manage services; configure SSH and remote desktops.
Manage physical storage II
- Objective: Manage file system attributes and swap space.
Install Linux graphically
- Objective: Install Red Hat Enterprise Linux and configure the system with firstboot.
Manage virtual machines
- Objective: Understand basic virtualization concepts; install and manage virtual machines.
Control the boot process
- Objective: Understand runlevels and manage GRUB.
Deploy file-sharing services
- Objective: Deploy an FTP server and a web server.
Secure network services
- Objective: Manage a firewall; understand SELinux concepts and manage SELinux.
- Objective: Get a hands-on review of the concepts covered in this course