Participants should be familiar with network administration in distributed, enterprise-class LAN/WAN topologies, including basic Unix/Linux administration and have some experience with using proxies, firewalls, routers, and switches to implement network-security policies. Basic to advanced knowledge of best practices for incident response and continuous monitoring is a plus.
The Blue Coat Certified Security Analytics Administrator (BCSAA) course covers:
- Security Analytics Product Introduction
- Solution Design
- Installation and Setup
- Security Analytics User Interface
- Reports – What Do They Tell Me?
- The Filter Bar
- Advanced Filters to Query Report Data
- File Extraction (Introduction)
- Management, Monitoring, and Maintenance
Participants will become Blue Coat Certified Security Analytics Administrators upon completing the course and passing the Prometric online exam.
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Use the path bar to filter out noise and narrow your focus on relevant data
- Use reports and extractions to find and analyze relevant data
- Identify and evaluate scenarios and deployment options based on organizational needs, network configurations, and storage capacity
- Navigate the GUI, identify its main functional areas, and understand how tokens in the path bar, time-frame values, and other factors determine the information displayed
- Select network locations for data capture and describe the potential implications